question for a friend — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

question for a friend

ollieandduke Member Posts: 165 Courageous
good afternoon ive got a friend who is one esa shes in the support group.  and shes also on pip. her husband works part time he only does 16 hrs so the dwp allow him carer allowance for looking after her.
the question is because her husband is self employed will he be allowed to apply for the self employed grant they are offering even though she is on esa pip.
ive said i didnt think so and its only universal credit claimants is that right can some one give some advice. i would hate him to apply for it and her get in trouble cus her claims in her name



Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.