PIP waiting time — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP waiting time

lightsoff
lightsoff Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited June 2020 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi everyone,
Im new here. 

I made a claim for PIP on 26th February 2020. 
I had quite a bad relapse with my biploar and was sectioned for a few days in January, thus far they have not been able to get my medication correct so my psychiatrists advised me to make a claim for PIP. In the past 6 months my mobility is limited, i have developed muscle weakness through a combination of a B12 iron deficiency and the side effects of my medication so walking or travelling alone is near impossible. My doctor initially arranged for physiotherapy but due to covid-19 lockdown ive not managed to have any yet.
So... i applied on 26th february, received a tex message on 13th March saying the received it, another text on 31st march to say they have sent my form to a 3rd party for a medical assessment and i will receive a response from them next. Its now 19th May and ive not received a text, email, phone call or email from anyone. 
I understand face to face assessments have been scrapped but surely I should of received a response by now? 
I called the PIP helpline yesterday and all the could tell me that it was with their 3rd party assessors.
Could anyone share any light on when you think i would get some sort of response or decision on this?
Thanks in advance.

Comments

• katho31
    katho31 Posts: 692 Pioneering
    hi, hopefully Adrian from scope will respond to you very soon, best of luck too. im in a similar situation, although a different condition to yourself, I applied early feb for pip, had a txt that dwp had received my forms then nothing, I finally got through to dwp last week and was told that my claim was with an assessor so just have to wait. people in wales, northern Ireland and someone in Birmingham have all had confirmation of award/failure of award on this forum and all applied later than feb? just got to cross fingers and hope.
  • katho31
    nk I am very realistic, I also know these are unprecedented times, people have different and varying degrees of conditions. they have less staff, less offices open etc..i was making comparisons regarding other users on this site and im allowed to have an opinion and be angry and upset, we live in a democracy. my time is spent trying, not patronising, others who are less fortunate and helping if I think I can. I know my way around the pip regs and descriptors, it is the persons needs, difficulties and impact on the individuals ability to live an independent life. I have cast my critical eye over my supporting evidence, no gaps could be found by my husband, myself and citizens advice bureau. stay safe.
  • katho31
    ill leave it there now.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @lightsoff and a warm welcome to the community, how are you doing today? :)
    Scope

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.