Universal Credit
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Receiving too many notifications? Adjust your notification settings.

Self Employed Grant[SEISS] INCOME

NeedHelpASAPNeedHelpASAP Member Posts: 20 Connected
edited June 2020 in Universal Credit
My partner will get the Self Employment grant on the 25th May. How do we report it on universal credit because the grant is worth 3 months income and the monthly ‘Report your income and expenses to-do’ is a month worth of period. so if i report the 3 months grant in the monthly ‘Report your income and expenses to-do’ wouldn't that just reduce my payment by a lot?  Because UC will assume that 3 months grant was my partners income for the whole month.
Please help me out
thank you

Replies

• mikehughescqmikehughescq Member Posts: 5,420 Disability Gamechanger
    It counts as income for the assessment period in which you report it. If you were making a loss in the months immediately prior you may be able to offset thar loss so as to reduce the amount taken into account. If you were in decent profit then the SEISS may trigger the surplus earnings rule and push some of the SEISS into the next assessment override too. 

So, ordinarily, just the one month but possibly more depending on the specifics of your situation. 
  • NeedHelpASAPNeedHelpASAP Member Posts: 20 Connected
    our income was 0 for april and may and still out of work so expecting 0 again for june but worried that SEISS income reporting into one month period will literally reduce my UC payment to nothing.
  • mikehughescqmikehughescq Member Posts: 5,420 Disability Gamechanger
    our income was 0 for april and may and still out of work so expecting 0 again for june but worried that SEISS income reporting into one month period will literally reduce my UC payment to nothing.
    That is likely to be a common experience but only you and your accountant will be able to do that calc. 
  • Adrian_ScopeAdrian_Scope Testing Team, Community Team Posts: 7,951 Scope community team
    Hi @NeedHelpASAP. As @mikehughescq said, you report the entire SEISS payment in the assessment period you receive it (be sure to also report any business expenses incurred in  the assessment period too). 
    Senior Community Partner
    Scope

If you have a few minutes to spare, we'd appreciate your feedback on our online community.
  • NeedHelpASAPNeedHelpASAP Member Posts: 20 Connected
    Hi @NeedHelpASAP. As @mikehughescq said, you report the entire SEISS payment in the assessment period you receive it (be sure to also report any business expenses incurred in  the assessment period too). 
    Thank you everyone for helping me. Hope My payment is not reduced.
Sign in or join us to comment.