Universal Credit
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

C.T.R &U.C

StagecoachStagecoach Member Posts: 13 Connected
I moved in with my sister in March 2020 ,I had paid all that year's council tax up to date but now received a council tax bill of £235.50 reason saying that according to d.w.p I moved house in November 2019 and council tax reduction was cancelled  then , I have given the council proof of house being sold and date I moved out ie before lockdown , I am worried over this as I was set to buy a new house before all the virus thing so haven't got the money even from the sale of that property , also as November I started receiving the disability premium on my u.C along with the E.S.a owing to being classed as severely disabled , and having the work assessment saying  I am unfit to work or look for work .
I just don't know what to do ,its just really worried over it .


  • janer1967janer1967 Member Posts: 11,132 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Stagecoach Welcome to the community, I am sorry to hear about your issue with council tax. The only way to sort this is to speak to the council. Did you move house in November 2019 like the letter says, if so it may be the reason for reduction to be taken off.

    I would also mention that you have been found unfit for work as this sometimes gives a reduction in CT.

    I hope you get this sorted keep us updated
Sign in or join us to comment.