I have returned! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I have returned!

JoshAdams
JoshAdams Community member Posts: 5 Listener
Hello, I joined this forum a good 6 months ago now, however, a lot of things have happened since some meaning that I couldn't be as active on here as I would've hoped. Just thought I'd sum up what's been going on: 
- Before lockdown occurred, School was ramping up the pressure (I'm in Year 10) but all-in-all I've been coping fairly well. 
- My walking deteriorated pretty significantly (I have Spastic CP), I ended up having serial casting done that I had been waiting a while for, that has improved it and made things that little more comfortable. 
- I've begun doing physiotherapy and walking practice every single day. Before I was guilty of talking my way out of it, that's something I'm not proud of but I'm now getting the work in to make the casting worthwhile. 
- I turned 15. 
- Virtual school whilst under lockdown has actually made thing relatively easier. None of the painful walks across the vast maze that is a mainstream secondary school. Surprisingly too I've had little trouble with the workload. 
- Finally, and one that's pretty subtle, but I shaved my head, not fully, I think around a 3 or 4 in hair terms. However, it makes a change from the mop load of hair I had before. I may even keep it. 

I'll try my best to bring updates. Hope everybody is doing okay. 

Comments

• Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @JoshAdams and welcome back onto the Community.  It's nice to see you back here!  Thank you for the great updates which I really enjoyed reading.  It sounds as though you have been really busy!  Well done!  I'm doing fine, thanks for asking.  I hope you are doing ok too and have been managing during lock-down.  

Sorry to hear that your walking has deteriorated, but great to hear you have kept the physiotherapy up and are doing well now.  That's fab!  Glad to hear that virtual school has been going well too and that you have been enjoying it.  A belated Happy Birthday to you!  Did you have a nice day?  I bet your shaved head looks great!  Do you like it yourself?  I'm really missing going to the hairdresser myself and can't wait to get my mop cut when they return to business!  

Anyway, great to have you back on board and I hope you enjoy being part of this brill forum again!  You will be familiar with the site and all the discussions, but we have a lot of interesting ones going on at the moment which you may enjoy and want to join in.  It will be good to hear more from you and what you have been getting up to.  

If we can be of any help to you meantime then please just give us a shout.  Have a nice weekend and all the best.  :smiley:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,836 Scope online community team
    Glad to have you back @JoshAdams. Interesting that you've found virtual schooling a bit easier. Have you been having a lot of video lessons?
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome back @JoshAdams nice you have decided to oome back and your update certainly sounds like you have been busy
  • Lauren95
    Lauren95 Community member Posts: 92 Pioneering
    Welcome back @JoshAdams hope your coping ok and well done with your Physio it sounds like your doing great ? and I   enjoyed reading your updates sounds like you have been busy. I have cp too looking forward to getting to know you ?
  • WestHam06
    WestHam06 Community member, Scope Volunteer Posts: 1,396 Pioneering
    Hi @JoshAdams
                                Great to have you back on the forum, sounds as though you've had a lot going on. Well done with your physio, it's tough but keep going you're doing great :)  Please if there is anything you would like to ask then please do. Pleased to hear your enjoying virtual schooling. Thank you. 
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,522 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @JoshAdams, nice to see you back with us after all you've been through recently.
    I have my hair cut very short (a number 1) only to hide my great hairs and bald patch though :)
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Grinchy
    Grinchy Community member Posts: 1,810 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @JoshAdams good to see you, you've certainly had a lot going on, glad things are going well for you

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.