Anxious about my PIP renewal call on Tuesday — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Anxious about my PIP renewal call on Tuesday

Tomtom111
Tomtom111 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
edited May 2020 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi my name is Suzanne and I have my PIP renewal telephone call on Tuesday morning I have Bi polar and am really anxious about this.

Comments

• emmarenshaw
    emmarenshaw Community member Posts: 710 Pioneering
    Welcome to the community @Tomtom111  Please know the community is here if you need us. Please let us know how how you get on and if we can help.
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Tomtom111 and welcome to the Community.  It's nice to meet you.  I'm really sorry to hear that you are feeling anxious about your PIP renewal telephone call on Tuesday.  I have never had one of these myself, but can appreciate that it can be nerve-wracking so please know that it is completely normal to feel worried about something like this.  Do you have anybody such as a family member or friend who could be available to sit with you while you take the phone call, just to give you a bit of moral support?  This may help somewhat.  Maybe explain to the person you are speaking to at the start of the phone call that you are feeling anxious, as this may help too if they know how you are feeling. 

I wish you all the best with this anyway and please try not to worry, but I know it is easy for me to say that.  Please know that we are here to support you should you need us so if you need to chat to us before Tuesday or even after it then please do so.  We have all been through these times too so can understand how you feel.  Please let us know how you get on and if you need anything at all then please just ask.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Tomtom111 - I'm sure you're understandably anxious about your PIP renewal by phone, but the good news is there's currently more success with these compared to f2f assessments, & you will just be asked about the info you put on your renewal form.
    Just take your time answering questions, trying to give a couple of examples for each of the activities that are difficult for you. Why is it difficult, what happens, & what is the consequence of this, for example. You can do this.
    As Emma  & Ails have said, please kindly let us all know how it goes, thank you. :)
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hi @Tomtom111 and welcome to the community. How did this go? :smile:
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Tomtom111
    Tomtom111 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    It took about an hour and a half, she went through the form in full she was very nice though, I will just have to wait and see now, could be a while  with the corona virus .
  • johnnyy85
    johnnyy85 Community member Posts: 32 Connected
    Hi Tom hope it went well when does your existing award run out ? 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    We'll keep our fingers crossed for you @Tomtom111! Please do let us know how you get on. :)
    Scope

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.