Universal credit and home loss payment — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

Universal credit and home loss payment

majove
majove Member Posts: 1 Listener
I have to leave my flat this year as its structurally damaged,I'm receiving a £6,000 compensation payment,will universal credit count this as income for saving purposes

Comments

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 8,578 Scope online community team
    Hello @majove. If this is counted as savings/capital the amount will be added on to any savings or capital you already have. For every £250 you are over £6000, your UC will reduce by £4.35 a month. So for example if you have £6500 your UC will be reduced by £8.70 a month. 

It would be worth getting some expert advice as rules around capital are quite complex and you need to be certain you report it correctly. You may be able to get some advice via our helpline: 0808 800 3333
    Or look for advice local to you at: https://advicelocal.uk/
    Community Manager
    Scope

Tell us how to make the community better for you. Complete our feedback form.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.