Hi, i'm new! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, i'm new!

JadeB90
JadeB90 Community member Posts: 13 Connected
hey everyone, just to quickly introduce myself! My name is Jade, I'm 30 and live in the lake district with my fiance and 2 rescue dogs :) hope to speak to some of you soon!

Comments

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Welcome to our little community @JadeB90. I’m glad you found us!

There’s plenty of dog lovers round here, so I’m sure you’ll fit right in!  :)
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @JadeB90. :)
    Scope

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Jade08 Welcome to the community nice to have you ion board.

I envy you living in the lake district its a place I love and cant wait for this lockdown to be over so I could have a short break there
  • JadeB90
    @janer1967t thank you for the welcome :) 

it's certainly lovely here, do you have favourite areas you like to visit here? It's strange seeing everywhere so quiet at this time of year, we are usually fully stocked with hikers and beatrix potter fans by now 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    I love the whole area especially a park there is near windermere 
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @JadeB90 and welcome to the Community.  How are you today?  It's nice to meet you.  I enjoyed reading your interesting introduction.  Thanks for joining us.  The Lake District is a beautiful part of the world and no wonder you enjoy living there.  What kind of dogs do you have?  I used to have a couple of Dalmatians, but have a cat now, who is rescue too.  A lot of our members have pets and we often talk about them on the forum and share there photos on a thread called Kaleidoscope which you might like to have a look at and maybe share a photo of your dogs sometime if you want to.  We chat about other things such as our hobbies, movies, books, etc so please have a look around the site and join in any discussions that you fancy.  I'm sure you will fit right in and I hope you enjoy your time with us.  We are a friendly bunch of people on here!  I look forward to seeing you around anyway.

If we can be of any help/support to you then please just give us a shout.  All the best.  :smiley:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • JadeB90
    HI @Ails and thank you for the warm introduction :)
    I have 2 greyhounds that are rescue ( I say greyhound, they're a jumble of a few breeds ) and  we're lucky to be in the lakes because there's plenty of running space for them. My oldest doggo is nearly 10 now, so he prefers to take up the furniture in all honesty. My older sister has a dalmation, they grow so fast! 
     I look forward to speaking to you all more on the threads, hope you have a wonderful day <3
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @JadeB90 - & welcome to the community from me too. You certainly live in a beautiful part of the world, which I enjoy visiting (but not at the moment!). I live in the Yorkshire Dales, & it's unnaturally quiet here too.
    Greyhounds are my favourite sort of dog, apart from my son's Bedlington terrier of course. Like Ails I have a cat. She was abandoned near me just over a year ago. I hope you're enjoying some sunny weather too, & have a good weekend. :)
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    You are very welcome @JadeB90.  Your greyhounds sound lovely and that is nice your sister has a Dalmatian.  Yes, they do indeed grow really quickly and are quite boisterous, but very loving!  I hope you have a lovely weekend!  :smiley:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @JadeB90

Good Afternoon & Welcome to our online community/family.

It’s great to meet today.

I am one of the Community Champion’s here at Scope.

Please please contact me if you require any further help/assistance.

@steve51

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.