If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Appeal infor for Aspergers

Bella03Bella03 Member Posts: 10 Listener
edited June 2020 in PIP, DLA and AA
Hi all, im a mum who has claimed PIP for my son who is 17 and has Aspergers... He was on DLA and needed to change over to PIP due to his age....his assessment was turned down with 0 points so i have put in for a MR.....i am expecting this to be turned down too as this is the second time trying but this time i will go to appeal... My question is... My son wouldn't be able to stand and talk about his condition to other people because of his Aspergers nore would he speak on the phone to them so i wonder what happens in this case, as i don't want a paper appeal as i hear they are less successful? TIA


  • katho31katho31 Posts: 694 Member
    hi, welcome and someone will respond soon and be of further help, good luck with everything :)
  • janer1967janer1967 Member Posts: 9,337 Disability Gamechanger

    You can apply to be his appointee so you can speak for him. Just contact the PIP helpline for details or look it up on the gov website.

  • Bella03Bella03 Member Posts: 10 Listener
    edited May 2020
    Sorry i forgot to say i am his appointee, does this mean i can speak for him at the appeal? I had to in his assessment... after the first 5 mins the assessor asked him if i could speak on his behalf because he will only give yes or no answers...Will he need to attend the appeal?
  • janer1967janer1967 Member Posts: 9,337 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi again 

    You will need to write to the court to ask permission to speak on his behalf and they will want to see a copy of the certificate to show you are his appointee.

    It is always advised to attend in person to the tribunal so I would suggest he attends with you
  • Bella03Bella03 Member Posts: 10 Listener
    Great, thanks for the advise 😁 
Sign in or join us to comment.