DWP records — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

DWP records

Options
deeds1970
deeds1970 Community member Posts: 11 Listener
Hi,can anyone advise please?over the time if a claimamt as an MP write on behalf of claimant do DWP keep on file or correspondence concerning that claimamt even if the calls,letters,email were sent by other people
Such as MP,gp,courts etc..
Or is it just the claimants correspondance alone.
Thanks in advance 
Paul

Comments

• deeds1970
    Options
    Can i also add do capita/atos also have all info on claimants that dwp hold when reviewing them
    ?
    Reasons being dwp capita are saying my mp etc as not contacted them,however mp says differently .personally i dont believe either parties .
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,618 Disability Gamechanger
    edited May 2020
    Options
    I suppose to start with you could ask your MP to contact them again?
    You can request a subject access request (SAR) to anyone afaik.
    Hope you are well today?

https://ico.org.uk/your-data-matters/your-right-to-get-copies-of-your-data/
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello, as @woodbine states you can request a copy of all the information that the DWP on you reference to PIP, be warned when I did this I received a large package delivered by courier with every detail about my claim. It contained a stack pages about an inch or more in height bigger than A4 printed both sides. Reference was made about telephone calls with a reference number to access these if required. I shredded nearly all keeping only relevant pages for future reference.
  • deeds1970
    Options
    Thanks.
    So im right in thinking dwp literally have everything included in claimants file  all 3rd parties whoever that may be , who contacted dwp in regard to that person even if was not on their behalf too.

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,618 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I would agree that the DWP doesn't hold onto stuff for long, an example being when you were transfered from DLA to PIP you could ask that they use any info they had from your DLA claim, it soon became obvious that it wasn't much in a lot of cases.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.