DWP How long to access records from storage? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

DWP How long to access records from storage?

Options
frank96
frank96 Community member Posts: 38 Connected
In an ongoing battle for SDP back-dating with ESA. After 4 months of weekly phonecalls and a lot of enquiry line staff telling me lies in order to get me off the phone I was told by a manager I had to send over historic tennancy agreements. I did so recorded delivery and a week later went though another escalation and the lady I spoke to put me on hold, said she had spoken to Belfast and they have received my letters and are processing my claim for SDP now and will be done by this afternoon. "The funds will appear in your bank before the letter arrives telling you how much there's no need to call us back again.".... 5 days later nothing in the bank so I called up and the last note on the system supposedly says they need to access my records in storage?? Why tell me I'm getting paid this week unless they know for certain? Is there some file on me in a storage facility somewhere? And how long should I roughly expect to wait for them to be posted through to benefits centre Belfast? :(

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @frank96 This must be really frustrating for you.

Its anyone's guess how long it can take it depends on a lot of factors like staffing levels, how easy it is to access storage, and find what they are looking for, the priority just to mention a few.

I hope you get it resolved soon
  • frank96
    frank96 Community member Posts: 38 Connected
    Options
    Thanks for the response. From the way they worded it to me over the phone was as though they had to ask permission from some other department to access the records. The claim is only from 2014 Lord knows why it's not just stored in their current computer database. Wish I could go there myself and get the files and take them to Belfast haha

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.