PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

PIP HELP / ADVICE

charlotte441charlotte441 Member Posts: 45 Connected
If my claim runs out on 10th March 2021. when should I receive a letter?

also can someone please send me the link so I can view the renewal letter. 

Thank you 😊 

Replies

• woodbinewoodbine Community Co-Production Group Posts: 4,429 Disability Gamechanger
    That would be September 2020, unless your award was made by a tribunal then it will be early January 2021.
    The renewal forms are shorter than applications for the first time, for some reason I cant find an example online, did you keep a copy of your last application? 

"Putting a child into care, isn't caring for a child" (T.Rhattigan)
  • charlotte441charlotte441 Member Posts: 45 Connected
    @woodbine someone said then September / October time. I haven’t kept a copy which is terrible. can I request a PIP2 letter? so I no what’s on it? it was 3 years ago though. would they still have it on record. 
  • woodbinewoodbine Community Co-Production Group Posts: 4,429 Disability Gamechanger
    @charlotte441 they should have, phone them tomorrow (8 a.m. is best before they get busy), it might well be that due to a possible backlog caused by the current situation that reviews won't always take place as they should (i.e 6 months before) your award could be extended. You could start now doing some research into PIP and the descriptors and where you fit into them etc.
    "Putting a child into care, isn't caring for a child" (T.Rhattigan)
Sign in or join us to comment.