Ugh, hellos.... — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Ugh, hellos....

KernowGirl
KernowGirl Community member Posts: 5 Listener
Ummm, hi?
I've joined here as i don't know where else to go. I'm disabled, but deteriorating, so going from able bodied to a wheelchair atm. I have a job that I love, but unsure how that's going to change.
I'm a happily married mum of 5+3, most are grown up now, so only 3 live with us, that are 11 and 9 year old twins. 1 twin and the 11yr old are both autistic, and the autistic twin also has ADHD. Our house is fun, although when my 18 Yr old lived at home, that was even funnier, as he had tourretes, and an awesome sense of humor.
Ok, so enough about me, coz I can talk the hind legs of a donkey, and man I don't wanna do that......
Hugs and love to all. Xxxxx 

Comments

• LouiseH
    LouiseH Community member Posts: 96 Courageous
    Hi @KernowGirl good morning and welcome to the site. It sounds like you've got a busy house, haha.
    Louise :smile:
    Louise Hesketh
    Community Champion
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello! Thanks for telling us about your lovely family!

Talking is encouraged, don't worry about that one.  :D 

A good place to start can be our coffee lounge where you can have a chat with other members.

If you have any questions just give us a shout. :)
    Scope

• KernowGirl
    KernowGirl Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    @LouiseH yeah busy, but lovely, although I may be biased lol. Xxx
  • WestHam06
    WestHam06 Community member, Scope Volunteer Posts: 1,396 Pioneering
    Hi @KernowGirl
                              Welcome to the community and thank you for joining us. Please do take a look around the community and join in with any discussions which may be of interest to you. Also, please do ask any questions you may have, there will be someone on the community who will be able to help. There are many lovely people on the community and we are all here to support one another. Thank you. 
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @KernowGirl :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @KernowGirl Welcome to the community it is great to have you on board, It sounds like you have your hands full with your family but its great they bring you so much joy.

Don't apologise for telling us about yourself its nice to read about other people's life.

I am also in a wheelchair after having my leg amputated and I live with my 13 year old son who I couldn't have got by withoiut 

I look forward to seeing you around
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @KernowGirl - & welcome to the community from me too. Thank you for joining & sharing about yourself & children. Well, no-one could say you wrote a boring introduction, &, as you might gather, we all like to chat here. It certainly sounds like you'll fit right in, as we share & care about each other & offer support when needed. I look forward to seeing you around the forum, & I'm sure you'll enjoy being part of this friendly community. My best wishes to all in your great family. :)
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @KernowGirl

Good Morning it’s great to meet you today?

I’m one off a team of Community Champion’s here at Scope.

@steve51
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Just wanted to say hello and welcome @KernowGirl. :smile: I'm sure you'll fit in great around here.
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.