PIP back pay help please — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP back pay help please

emma28
emma28 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited June 2020 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I am eligible for daily living and mobility allowance with PIP and have been for 2 years but due to being in hospital I could not receive the daily living allowance part. I was discharged from hospital 14/2/19 and informed them of this and the change of my address but realised I was still not being paid the daily living allowance part after multiple phone calls with PIP they have corrected their mistake and said I will be back payed and start receiving the correct amount they told me this on 10/6/20. Does anyone know how long it would take for me to receive my back payment and when I will start receiving the correct amount? 

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @emma28 Welcome to the community it is hard to say how long payment and back pay will take but in my experience if you have spoke to them over the phone they action it straight away and your next payment will be corrected. However I know some people wait around 8 weeks.

The only way to find out for definite is to call them and ask
  • emma28
    emma28 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    janer1967 said:
    Hi @emma28 Welcome to the community it is hard to say how long payment and back pay will take but in my experience if you have spoke to them over the phone they action it straight away and your next payment will be corrected. However I know some people wait around 8 weeks.

The only way to find out for definite is to call them and ask
    I have looked and nothing new has been payed. I thought calling might be the case but I can’t stand the wait to get through to someone on their contact number so was hoping otherwise. Thank you for your reply.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    It isnt much time since you were told on 10th june so may be next payment 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.