Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Support for auditory processing disorder.
Hi everyone I'm new here!
I was given a diagnosis of APD around 4 years ago by an NHS audiologist after complaining of long term hearing difficulties despite passing my hearing test amongst other things. I've not had any tests to support this diagnosis apart from the standard hearing test and was advised to use the hear coach app which helped a little. 4 years later APD has a massive impact on work and home life, not just with the hearing issues but with memory also. I haven't told my work as I don't have any test results to back up the diagnosis. I'm feeling a bit lost and fed up with it and wondered how much luck people have had in getting an official diagnosis. Also if there are any non Facebook support groups out there. Thank you so much.
- 55.2K All Categories
- 10.8K Start here and say hello!
- 5.3K Coffee lounge
- 4.1K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.6K Research and opportunities
- 160 Community updates
- 12.3K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 837 Work and employment
- 600 Education
- 1.2K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1.1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 301 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 268 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 22.2K Talk about money
- 2.3K Benefits and financial support
- 4.5K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.8K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.7K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4.2K Talk about your impairment
- 1.4K Cerebral palsy
- 704 Chronic pain and pain management
- 718 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 771 Autism and neurodiversity
- 951 Mental health and wellbeing
- 314 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.