PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Request for leave to The Social Security Commissioners

rbzrbz Member Posts: 96 Courageous
Recently requested for leave to The Social Security Commissioners, because of some problems during Appeal hearing.
Please let me know The Appeals Service will send copy of my request to DWP?

Replies

• woodbinewoodbine Community Co-Production Group Posts: 4,457 Disability Gamechanger
    You can only appeal to the upper tribunal on a point of law.
    "Putting a child into care, isn't caring for a child" (T.Rhattigan)
  • rbzrbz Member Posts: 96 Courageous
    @woodbine
    I know about this, but I asked about The Appeals Service will send copy of Request for leave to The Social Security Commissioners to DWP?
  • woodbinewoodbine Community Co-Production Group Posts: 4,457 Disability Gamechanger
    @rbz have you spoke to them about it?
    "Putting a child into care, isn't caring for a child" (T.Rhattigan)
  • mikehughescqmikehughescq Member Posts: 6,600 Disability Gamechanger
    Social Security Commissioners haven’t existed for years. You’re talking Upper Tribunal.

Your initial request goes to your regional HMCTS. It only gets passed to the UT if leave is granted. Only if leave is granted will DWP be notified that an application has been made. 
  • rbzrbz Member Posts: 96 Courageous
    @mikehughescq
    Thanks for answer. 
    I posted my application with grounds for appeal to The Appeals Service, they respond that my papers was referred to a legally qualified member for determination.
  • mikehughescqmikehughescq Member Posts: 6,600 Disability Gamechanger
    Yes, that’s correct. Local judge first. If they give you leave then everything is sent to the UT and the UT will ask DWP to respond. If they refuse then you get a second shot direct to the UT.
Sign in or join us to comment.