What happens now? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

What happens now?

TeddyandZeus1968 Member Posts: 1 Listener
edited June 2020 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hi I’m currently on universal credit and recently been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia, I’m just wandering do I need to give them anything from a doctor or do they arrange for me to see there own specialist for them to have this confirmed thanks in advance for any reply’s .


  • steve51
    steve51 Member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @TeddyandZeus1968

    Good Afternoon & Welcome it’s great to see today.

    I am one of the Community Champion’s here at Scope.

    We have got some info on Universal Credit I have posted a link below for you.

    Please please have a good look through it and please let me know if you need any further help????

  • janer1967
    janer1967 Member Posts: 16,494 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @TeddyandZeus1968 Welcome to the community. When you applied for UC you should have stated you were unable to work, if you hasvent then record this as a change of circumstances and declare a new medical condition through your online journal.

     If you did declare you need to send a sick note to your work coach. After you have provided sick note for period of time they will refer you for a work capability assessment. 

    You will be sent a UC50 form to complete which is about your medical condition and how it affects your ability to work. you will then have an assessment with an assessor. This will then determine one of the following

    Found fit for work (expected to look for work, your work coach will set up commitment to be adhered to+

    Limited capability for work p- expected to prepare for work eg CV and attend training again agreed with your work coach

    Limited capability for work and work related activity- not expected to work or any commitments and additional premium paid on top of UC

    Hope this helps if you need anything else just ask


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.