Pip award — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

Pip award

mickymoo Member Posts: 34 Connected
Hello I have been awarded pip with 6 weeks of my application received standard living and enhanced mobility for 2 years
I have informed dwp via my journal and I think they already in formed council tax as got a letter from council regarding info from dwp
Through universal credit I get money towards my housing association rent do I need to tell my landlord or is informing my journal enough 
As dwp made the award  decision on my pip assessment do they still wait for the medical assessment for my uc50 form of which I sent back on 23march 
Thanx in advance


  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 15 Listener
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 8,572

    Scope community team

    Hello @mickymoo. Great news about your PIP.
    Unfortunately being awarded PIP doesn't necessarily mean you'll be awarded LCWRA from your UC50. the reason being is you can claim PIP and work fulltime. There is some crossover in the descriptors so your PIP decision and report could be used as evidence in support of your UC50 but you'd have to read through and decide if that's the case.
    Community Manager

    Tell us how to make the community better for you. Complete our feedback form.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Member Posts: 15,148 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi as above UC and the UC50 you completed are completely separate to your PIP award.

    You will still need to have a work capability assessment for UC this could be paper based, phone or f2f dependant on what they decide.

    PIP may well have informed council tax but have you put in a claim for council tax relief through your local council each council is different and rates of relief determined by them
  • mickymoo
    mickymoo Member Posts: 34 Connected
    Got a telephone assessment for my uc50 on 6th july second one they the first one 
    As for council tax support we applied for that our selves but it looks like dwp have told them about my pip should I ring the council up or dont I need to ???
    As for my uc50 dont know why their so slow sent form off 23rd March and waiting still
    Sent pip off on 5th may and all sorted
    Thanx for you reply
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Member Posts: 15,148 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi if you already claimed council tax relief then it should be ok I got reduction b4 being awarded PIP and then once awarded PIP informed them and got further reduction 

    Believe me the wait you have had is very short I had to wait over 6 months for mine and a further month for decision and I know others have waited a lot longer 

    Good luck for 6th keep us updated 
  • mickymoo
    mickymoo Member Posts: 34 Connected
    Thank you for your reply
    Sorted my blue badge out to day and sorting car tax tomorrow iam really glad I found this site/forum it's got a lot of helpful people on and thank you to all that have replied to my post so far
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Member Posts: 15,148 Disability Gamechanger
    Your welcome that's what we are here for 


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.