Couple of pip questions post telephone asessment — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Couple of pip questions post telephone asessment

mumofthetwins
mumofthetwins Community member Posts: 41 Connected
Hi guys .. 

So last Wednesday my mum had her PIP telephone assessment. It was on speaker phone as she suffers from terrible anxiety and I was with her. 
During the asessment I was so proud of her as I could tell it was hell for her but she really is in a bad way post stroke (it's taken us over a year to get her to apply). 
She answered all questions truthfully but when it came to her walking they never asked how far she could manage. She really can't manage far and uses the furniture to get around the room .. she told them exactly how long it took to get places which is ages but I was confused as I thought they would ask .. is this normal? 
Also I have read on here (thanks guys) that we can call and ask for a copy of her assessment once we get a text to confirm they have received.. problem.is we have had no texts at all from DWP at any point .. is this normal and if so can i still call ? 

Thanks a million 
Lisa 

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,607 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi yes give it around 7 working days after the assessment and you can ask for a copy of it (PA4) it will give a good indication of the award that can be expected, Is it normal to ask? all assessments differ and they may have got a good idea from other answers.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• mumofthetwins
    Thanks hun .. I'll try calling on Friday as that should be 7 working days. 

• nye
    nye Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    Hi,

can I ask how long it took for your mum to get an assessment I sent back my PIP form at the end of Feb and have not heard anything back
  • mumofthetwins
    We sent the form back March but as we didn't receive anything to say that had them i called up to check. I asked when the assessment would be and the guy put me through to make on .. we had one the following Wednesday xx 
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello and welcome, always wait a week or so then contact the DWP and request a copy of your assessment report and on receiving it you can work out what your award may should be but you still have to wait for the award notification letter.
  • mumofthetwins
    Thanks wilko xx 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello and welcome to the community, nice to have you on board, I don't really have anything to add to the advice given. Not all assessors ask the same questions to get the info they need and the question about walking is also about time taken to get a distance and how often it can be done safely.

Good luck and keep us updated 
  • desbo2710
    desbo2710 Community member Posts: 42 Connected
    Had my assessment 15th June, got a  text 19th to say dwp received my report, received it this morning. @nye to your question, I put my claim in January 27th,had assessment 15th June. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.