Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Is 2-seat mobility scooter allowed on pavement?
Hello everyone, I wish to ask you all a question today, since I lack knowledge on this on my own and can't seem to find it in the internet. Basically mom of my friend had a stroke few years back and she can't really move on her own. My friend Mark wants to do something about it, like take her out for a drive outdoors on daily basis.
As far as I know there are mobility scooters with 2 seats, similar to this one: https://velobike.co.uk/en/shop/3-wheel-scooters/zt18
From what I understand they can ride legaly on road, in UK with speed of 8 mph at most, but does anyone know if such a vehicle would be able to ride on pavement in UK at all? As far as I know the legal speed on pavement is 4 mph for mobility scooters but are 2 seaters like this allowed at all on pavement or are they excluded due to carrying 2 people?
If anyone can answer me this, I would be really thankfull
- 53.1K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 149 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 764 Work and employment
- 579 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 278 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 264 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.3K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.5K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 676 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 929 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.