Benefits and hospital admittance — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Benefits and hospital admittance

serenity2
serenity2 Community member Posts: 250 Pioneering
Hi, I’m new here.
couldnt find what I thought was a suitable discussion community to put this so put it here as it’s in respect of benefits and hospitalisation..

Its a query For future reference rather than something that is currently happening with me ...I’m interested to know if anyone is aware,  Of What happens in the situation should  you be hospitalised and claiming benefits ie  ESA/PIP/Housing Benefit/council tax, I am aware the DWP Etc should be informed after a certain amount of time of your hospital stay ,and I’m under the impression benefits are stopped. Anyone know anymore around this, I’m wondering what people do in this situation, as things still need paying if we are in hospital, and would the benefits be stopped for the whole time you were in hospital. As even though we are not residing at a property the rent /housing benefit would still require paying..
anyone know more around hospitalisation and benefits..? Do the DWP pay some benefits,  or are all benefits stopped during hospital stays ? 
It’s something I’ve always wondered about ..And kinda dreaded happening...maybe it’s not as bad as I think but would like to know 
anyone any experience of this And best ways to cope with it , should it happen ? Thanks 
 :)
Best Wishes
serenity2 

Comments

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.