UC Telephone Assessment Tomorrow — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

UC Telephone Assessment Tomorrow

positivitygoing1
positivitygoing1 Community member Posts: 42 Courageous
hi all again , 

i was on income related ESA for many years , then in april last year i was told i had to claim UC , they sent me a UC50 form which the lady at M.I.N.D filled out , sent it off , they automatically put on £128.25 from my first payment , when i log in online it says on the "To Do List" ....Your To Do List Is Empty" 
and when i go to the "Payments" section it says "Limited Capability For Work" ....Your health affects you or prevents you from working"

until now as i recieved a phone call and was told i needed to do a telephone assessment (which i posted about before) the date has been changed for tomorrow instead , 

im getting mixed info because it keeps saying there are 2 parts "LCW" and "LCWRA" 

is the reason im getting "LCW" because thats the points i scored when they did a paper based assessment (i say this because i havent heard anything from them in 15 months ?

or do people who are on UC not qualify for the LCWRA ? 

im nervous doing this assessment tomorrow because its nothing like the PIP one , and having to bring up everything thats going on with you etc 

anyone else had a UC telephone assessment ? 
thanks again 

Comments

• positivitygoing1
    positivitygoing1 Community member Posts: 42 Courageous
    im worried because obviously i wasnt able to fill in a UC50 form because M.I.N.D did it 15 months ago and also because they rang me up and said you have a telephone assessment on the 6th july , how am i meant to send in supporting evidence 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hello @positivitygoing1. When you were on ESA before claiming UC, were you in the support group or WRAG? 
    LCWRA replaces the Support Group (and is £341 a month extra on UC), LCW replaced WRAG and pays £128 extra on UC.

15 months is a very long time to be waiting for an assessment. Best of luck today, please let us know how you get on.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi good luck for your assessment tomorrow I have had a f2f WCA but not a phone one this was a few years ago.

Let us know how you get on
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    HI @positivitygoing1, I hope it goes well today! :)
    Scope

• quinq
    quinq Community member Posts: 10 Listener
    Please let us know how it went! I've got to have one and I'm really nervous, I've only had the one f2f PIP assessment and I was unbelievably lucky that time 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @positivitygoing1 How are you doing today, how did your phone assessment go
  • IrishManc
    IrishManc Community member Posts: 54 Courageous
    Since the sanctions regime on UC was reintroduced on 1st July, I have been very stressed and anxious about the upcoming call from the JCP advisor expected at any time, even though I’ve been applying for jobs, but I do struggle with recording all the jobs applied for and the other job search related activity in the journal, as I always have since Sept 2019 - in one sense, it does sound and look easy to do but in practice, I’ve always found it very difficult, even though my IT skills are good and I live alone and have also being doing online courses during lockdown - I’ve had the rollercoaster of emotions of applying for, getting interviewed for and then not getting any job offers despite changing my CV and brushing up on interview skills given my 20 years retailing experience, both here in the U.K. and in my native Republic of Ireland - I’d be applying for “essential service” supermarket retail, both part time and temporary, in line with my experience, even though I was made redundant from a full time “permanent” supermarket job after 17 years in Sept 2019 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.