Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
OCD and covid 19
Morning. Does anybody else here worry a lot about covid 19? I worry about cross contamination when my shopping delivery arrives so I put the bags on the floor. I then wash my hands after putting the food shopping away. If I need to put some bags on the kitchen surfaces,I wipe them down afterwards. I wipe the cupboard handles,fridge and freezer handles afterwards. I then wash my hands again,after wiping the door handles. When I put rubbish in the bin or recycling(bin outside of house on front garden),I use my elbow to open the front door,shut it with my bottom. I wash my hands then lock the door. When I go for a short walk I wear a mask and if people are near I worry about it. When I come back I take the mask off by the elastic handles,put it in a plastic bag then put it in the bin. I then wipe my hands with wipes,then open the door with my elbow. I then wash my hands,then lock the door. I play over in my mind if I've been too near a person or not washed my hands properly or wiped enough. I know death rates in the UK are down but it still panics me and it saddens and angers me about all the people who go about in and amongst crowds like everything has gone back to normal. It hasn't. It hasn't just gone away. It's still out there. I shielded relatives for 3 months. I've been for 3 walks since then,each time nervous of where people are. Does anybody else feel like this?
- 52.9K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 148 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 756 Work and employment
- 574 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 275 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 263 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.1K Talk about money
- 2K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 673 Chronic pain and pain management
- 698 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 750 Autism and neurodiversity
- 923 Mental health and wellbeing
- 297 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.