Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
How will my wife's claim affect my own?
Yesterday my wife was told her contract was ended. I have been through the hellish process of claiming esa support group and pip.
We own our apartment but have very little money.
My question is Will my wife's claim affect mine? And, which is the best benefit for her to claim?
I have been traumatised by my experience with Benefits and am very nervous about my claim being scrutinised again. I have been claiming for more than 10 years so been through benefit name changes and assessments of all kinds. I hope not to be grilled again.
Please help with any guidance on how to claim with least affect to my claim.
Thanks so much. Mike
- 52.9K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 148 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 756 Work and employment
- 574 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 275 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 263 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.1K Talk about money
- 2K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 673 Chronic pain and pain management
- 698 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 750 Autism and neurodiversity
- 923 Mental health and wellbeing
- 297 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.