What, if any, benefits am I entitled to? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

What, if any, benefits am I entitled to?

elmo1971
elmo1971 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
I have severe Dyslexia, Irlens,Dysprexia awaiting for my Autism diagnosis. 
What if any benefits am I entitled to?

Comments

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @elmo1971

Good Afternoon & Welcome it’s great to meet you today.

I am one of a team of Community Champion’s here at Scope.

We have got some info on “Benefit’s” within our site.

Are you currently on any Benefit’s?????

https://www.scope.org.uk/advice-and-support/benefits/

Please please let me know if you need any help with this info????

@steve51

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @elmo1971 Welcome to the community glad you have joined us.

Unfortately without knowing a bit more about your circumstances it would be hard to comment on what benefits you are entitled to. It all depends on household income , your housing situation, when you worked etc

You can always use a benefits calculator to enter your details these are on the gov website r there is one on here under the benefits section

You couls also apply for PIP but that is dependant on how your condition affects your daily living against the descriptors. Again there is lots of information about PIP here

Have a look around and if there is anything you want to know just ask
  • elmo1971
    elmo1971 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    I am a carer fot my partner. We have no savings or property or incoming earnings. My parner is in receipt of high PIP for mobility and care. Plus ESA put will never be able to return to work. I am Carers Allowance and nothing else.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    @poppy123456 can you advise here 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,321 Disability Gamechanger
    edited July 2020
    Thanks for the tag @janer1967

Hi and welcome,

I'm assuming you're living together as a couple, is that correct? If so then are you claim ESA as a couple? If you're not sure then it will be helpful to know how much ESA your partner receives every fortnight and then i'll be able to advise you further.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.