Pip — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip

ainew201
ainew201 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
Hi I have applied for pip as I have anxiety PTSD and depression, I have called today for a date for interview , they have told me they are wanting to do a written assessment instead , so they basically want more info of my doctor , I’m not to sure if this is a good thing or not , any advice form any one will be appreciated 

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Pioneering
    Hi ainew201 

Welcome to the community :) 

I think as long as you aare able to communicate how your condition impacts your daily living and mobility, I'm sure a written assessment should be fine. If you are uncomfortable with doing it that way perhaps it might be worth calling them to request a telephone assessment instead?  
  • ainew201
    Hi Ross , I didn’t realise I could do that , atm I will just leave it how it is , I’ve just never heard of that happening before 
    thanks for reply 
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @ainew201

Welcome it’s great to meet you this afternoon.

I am one of the Community Champion’s here at Scope.

We have got some good pip info on our site.

https://www.scope.org.uk/advice-and-support/personal-independence-payment-pip/

Please let me know if you have any problems with the info????

@steve51
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,345 Disability Gamechanger
    HI and welcome,

A written assessment? Do you mean a paper based assessment? If so then this means that potentially a telephone assessment may not be needed because they may have enough of information to do a paper assessment. I would leave it a week and ring again anhd they maybe able to give you more information on what's happening. If they can't get the extra information needed from your Doctor then a paper based assessment may not be possible.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • ainew201
    yes he did say paper based assessment , is this a common procedure and does it go against your claim , basically what I’m saying is does this mean I’m not eligible for pip
    thanks 
  • poppy123456
    No, it's not very common but it can and does happen. My daughter had a paper based PIP assessment for her review. No it doesn't mean you're not eligible. However, don't get your hopes up too much because they could still decide a phone assessment is needed.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • ainew201
    Yes no point getting my hopes up , don’t expect to be accepted tbh 
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @ainew201

Yes best not get your hopes up.

Mind you I will keep my “fingers & toes crossed” for you.

Please please let me know how things go if you don’t mind.

@steve51

• ainew201
    I will let use all no , Anyone no time frames , I called on the 2nd of June sent my forms in by the 2nd of July ?
  • poppy123456
    There's no timescales. backlogs cause delays and these vary area to area.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome to the community, as advised there are no timescales on wait times and if you only sent forms back on 2nd July it isnt a long wait as yet.

I also wanted to add I had a paper based assessment on my last review as well 

Fingers crossed for you 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @ainew201 - & welcome to the community from me too. I hope the advice given above has explained about paper based assessments. Keep in touch & let us know how you get on, & chat here any time. :)

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.