Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
My house is being sold. I can't afford private rent, and the council can't help me. What can I do?
Hi, bit of a long story but here goes! My house is being sold due to relationship breakdown. My settlement is tied up in the house and starting to panic now that I won’t find anywhere. I’m unable to work due to bad arthritis so am living off ESA . I have my adult daughter at home but she is unable to work either due to mental health. I have no savings to be able to put a deposit down on a rental house but council won’t help because of the money I will have once house is sold. The private sector is so expensive too but don’t seem to have any option. I can possibly sort a loan from the council but that won’t happen until I’m technically homeless. The stress of all this isn’t helping me and will only relax once I know I have somewhere in place. Can anyone suggest anywhere that may be able to help please.
- 52.9K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 148 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 756 Work and employment
- 575 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 277 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 263 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 674 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 927 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.