UC Work Related Assessment — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

UC Work Related Assessment

positivitygoing1 Member Posts: 41 Courageous
Hi All , 

I just read in my UC journal "results of your "Work Capability Assessment" which I had on 6th July , even though I filled out a UC50 form may 2019 I had the extra £124 automatically on top on my UC since then , 

It said "Following your work capability assessment , we have decided that you have limited capability for work and work related activity ,
The extra money you may get will be awarded from 3 months after the date you first gave us evidence of your health conditions or disability " 

Point is I filled out the form last year and they never asked me for any documentation evidence of my disabilities (I did send them with my pip review in june) so not sure whether they used that , 
I just received a phone call out of the blue from them telling me I had to have a telephone assessment , 

The form also stated "If we owe you money  we will tell you when you will get it , you will receive a message in your journal within 7 days " 

I haven't heard anything from them 
I just checked my "Payments" and it said that ill be paid £341" for limited capability for work and work related instead of the £124 

So am I right that I'm owed money ? 
Cos I'm really confused 

Thanks in advance 


  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Member Posts: 29,699 Disability Gamechanger

    The letter on your journal is just a standard letter. Because you already had LCW from a previous award you won't be owed any backdated money. It's paid from the date of the decision in your case. The extra money will be paid going forward and i see you've already received this months statement with the LCWRA element added, which is correct.

    Hope this helps and great news on the award :)
  • positivitygoing1
    positivitygoing1 Member Posts: 41 Courageous
    I was just confused as I was on income related ESA and had to go to UC due to moving house April 22nd 2019 , they asked me for sick note which my doctor gave me one for 3 months and on my journal it says "fit note accepted" 

    On the 2nd may 2019 they sent me a UC50 form which M.I.N.D helped me fill out , and we sent it off 
    the woman in M.I.N.D said to me when she filled it in last year "I'll go to the assessment with you when they ask you to attend one" but I never heard anything about it no letter and no entry on my journal and i still continued to get the £124 I had since the first payment ,

    When they rang me up on July 1st saying I had assessment on July 6th 2020 
    Before the assessment began i asked her "you haven't sent me any forms or the opportunity to send in any supporting evidence" 
    It wasn't really an assessment she asked me about 4 to 5 questions and said she had what she needed , the call lasted 20 minutes less 

    That's why I'm confused 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Member Posts: 29,699 Disability Gamechanger
    You've just waited rather a long time for the assessment. Sadly, there's still no backdated money because you transferred from ESA and your LCW was transferred with you. LCWRA is paid from the date of the decision.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Scope Posts: 10,555 Disability Gamechanger
    Just to let you know that I have merged the two threads. :)

  • positivitygoing1
    positivitygoing1 Member Posts: 41 Courageous
    Thanks Chloe x
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Member Posts: 15,934 Disability Gamechanger
    Good news about your award and I hope you understand what Poppy had advised, aty least you got a good result even though it has taken a while


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.