Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
UC Work Related Assessment
Hi All ,
I just read in my UC journal "results of your "Work Capability Assessment" which I had on 6th July , even though I filled out a UC50 form may 2019 I had the extra £124 automatically on top on my UC since then ,
It said "Following your work capability assessment , we have decided that you have limited capability for work and work related activity ,
The extra money you may get will be awarded from 3 months after the date you first gave us evidence of your health conditions or disability "
Point is I filled out the form last year and they never asked me for any documentation evidence of my disabilities (I did send them with my pip review in june) so not sure whether they used that ,
I just received a phone call out of the blue from them telling me I had to have a telephone assessment ,
The form also stated "If we owe you money we will tell you when you will get it , you will receive a message in your journal within 7 days "
I haven't heard anything from them
I just checked my "Payments" and it said that ill be paid £341" for limited capability for work and work related instead of the £124
So am I right that I'm owed money ?
Cos I'm really confused
Thanks in advance
- 54.1K All Categories
- 10.6K Start here and say hello!
- 5.1K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities
- 156 Community updates
- 12.1K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 797 Work and employment
- 589 Education
- 1.2K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 291 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 266 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.7K Talk about money
- 2.2K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.6K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.6K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4.1K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 687 Chronic pain and pain management
- 707 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 759 Autism and neurodiversity
- 937 Mental health and wellbeing
- 311 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.