Update on pip — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Update on pip

Options
CT1
CT1 Community member Posts: 28 Listener
Hi just wanted to keep members informed of my Pip appeal as I have had some good advice from people. As some will have already seen I have posted dates of when I won my appeal the date I received the notice and also dates of when it was sent back to the judge due to an error. Well rang them again today 27/07/2020 to see if any progress and was told its still with the judge. The guy I spoke to said it normally takes 2 to 3weeks for the judge to rectify an error.. Obviously not true as the judge has already had it 3weeks. He then said hopefully by the end of this week. Won't hold my breath. Its beggining to look like the whole process is goin to take 2years as am only 3 months away from that. 

Comments

• CT1
    CT1 Community member Posts: 28 Listener
    Options
    Hi Mike. Yes the previous guy was from the dwp and he told me something totally different from what the guy from HMCTS told me yesterday. My point is we have to go to a tribunal to get what we are entitled to for them to make such a silly error of one number and then if you are correct wait another 3months after already goin through it all for 21months to get what is owing and what we are due. I haven't been through this before so I don't know what specific questions to ask but I will make sure I ask them what u have told me so thanks again. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.