Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Hi have been on DLA and then PIP and income related ESA in support group long term , On my 60th birthday a pension award following divorce years ago became payable to me, I wrote with proof to DWP and as a result of this i have been changed onto contribution ESA only with deductions ( was previously entitled to both income and contribution esa) from the pension. What i do not understand is I have to pay more towards my rent as HB allowance is reduced, but council tax now where as before i got full CT support but they say it is due to disability premiums ..My question is which of the disability premiums should i get now , as before am sure i got all 3 levels and nothing has changed apart from the private pension coming into pay ? thank you
- 53K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 149 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 756 Work and employment
- 575 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 277 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 264 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 674 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 928 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.