Help with pip — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Help with pip

katieb90
katieb90 Community member Posts: 12 Listener
Hi I have received my pip report I scored 11 points and 10 points does the dwp usually side with the report? And I have been waiting 14 weeks does anyone no how long it’s taking it Northern Ireland to get a dicision Thanks  

Comments

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @katieb90

Good Morning & Welcome it’s great to meet you today.

I am one of the Community Champion’s here at Scope.

We have got a member who is very very good when it comes to Benefits.

I will forward your post onto her straightaway for you.

Hi @poppy123456

Good Morning, I have got a new member who needs some help with there “pip”

• Denise11
    Denise11 Community member Posts: 99 Pioneering
    Hi katie90

It's good to meet you.

You have 11 points so that means you will receive PIP.  Unfortunately, this virus is holding things up, but be reassured the DWP get told who is to receive PIP and should be in touch soon.  It isn't for them to question giving people getting benefits, they must follow what the assessors say.

Denise11

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    Thanks for the tag @steve51

Hi and welcome,

As the report does recommend Standard rate for both, this is just a recommendation. Yes, they mostly go with the report, it's rare to go against it. Although they can go against it and it does happen, although it is rare.

There's no timescales for decisions, although if it's 14 weeks since you had the assessment then that is rather a long time to wait. If it's 14 weeks since you first applied then that's not really that long. A successful claim under normal times can take anything from 7 months.

Hopefully not too much longer.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • katieb90
    Ok thank you I just didn’t want to get my hopes up ?
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @katieb90

Yes that’s a good plan?

Please please let us know how things go if you don’t mind ?

@steve51
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @katieb90, great to have you with us. :)

Fingers crossed for your PIP application. 
    Scope

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome to the community glad to have you on board.

I hope you get a decision soon and that they go by the recommendations of the report
  • katieb90
    Thank you for ur help, if I get pip does my universal credit change? 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    No your UC will stay the same 

You may get a council tax reduction but each council is different 
  • cupcake88
    cupcake88 Posts: 1,273 Pioneering
    Welcome to the forum let us know how you get on ? I have been waiting a week now to hear back I think it’s different in each area . Good luck 
  • katieb90
    Hi cupcake88 it’s been two weeks from I received my report still waiting I’m in Northen Ireland but hope u hear back soon 
  • katieb90
    Hi I rang pip today for an update they said that my report has been sent back to capita as they have received a letter from my doctor and they didn’t have this evidence when they scored me what does this mean will I lose the points I have they give me 11 points for daily living and 10 points for mobility some help would be appricated as now my anixity is sky high thanks 
  • poppy123456
    Possibly contradictions in the report but we could only guess what the reason could be. All you can do is wait for the decision, i know it doesn't help but there's really nothing more you can do now.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • katieb90
    Is it a bad thing? Are they trying to deduct points from me ? 
  • poppy123456
    Sometimes reports are returned to the HCP if there are some queries. It's not good or bad, it just means it's been returned. Anything anyone tells you here will only be a guess, we don't know anything about your case, or what the GP evidence said so we won't be able to help you further with the question.

Hopefully you won't be waiting too much longer.
  • katieb90
  • katieb90
    Hi just wondering if anyone can help me I received my report 9 weeks ago is there anything I can do to make this go on faster it’s really making my anixity bad Waiting on it ? 
  • poppy123456
    I totally understand how stressful it is waiting for the decision. All you can do is ring DWP to ask if a decision's been made, if it hasn't all you can do is wait. There's no timescales for any decision.
  • katieb90
    Thank you poppy I rang them today but no Dicision made as it was sent back to assorors as new medical evidence sent in they said it doesn’t look like the points have changed and has a note saying the the discriptors are medical probable I don’t no what this means tho 
  • poppy123456
    I have no idea what "probable" means. I can only guess the reason the report was sent back was to query something. All you can do really is wait, i'm afraid.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.