Accessing medical records - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Accessing medical records

Options
2»

Comments

• geek84
    geek84 Scope Member Posts: 100 Courageous
    Options
    Thanks folks I'll keep you updated...it's the waiting game now
  • geek84
    geek84 Scope Member Posts: 100 Courageous
    Options
    Good Morning Folks

I hope you're all well.  So sorry for not giving you folks an update.  I have had some bad family news regarding Covid19 recently, so have been occupied with comforting relatives etc..

Anyway, I took my completed access to medical history request form to my doctors on 4th Aug.  On the form it stated that records would be available  within 3 weeks.  However, I only got a call from the surgery last week and I collected them.  Perhaps they have been busy with Covid19 etc?

On my medical tnotes, there are a fair few medical terms that I do not understand.  Do you suggest that I search online for meanings etc or shall I make an appointment with the doctor to discuss?

I am also thinking of joining some online groups for support and advice from individuals who have the same medical conditions.  In this case, do you tihnk I should just search on the internet for such groups, or use other social media such as Facebook?

Thank you

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.