Reporting change of circumstances — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

Reporting change of circumstances

Kyampa Member Posts: 17 Connected
Hi friends, my youngest son has severe learning difficulties and been in receipt of DLA since he was little. Hes now 29. In 2012, he started living in a care home due to a lot of challenging difficulties. A month after he moved, I called DWP and informed them. I also wrote them a letter. However for all the following years nothing changed about his benefits. Until recently when his DLA was stopped. When i called them they asked if hes still at home and i told them he moved and gave them details. I also told them I had informed them but they said they have no record of that. Since then I haven't heard from them and am getting anxious. Any advice and information about what to do next? Thank you all



Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.