Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Reporting change of circumstances
Hi friends, my youngest son has severe learning difficulties and been in receipt of DLA since he was little. Hes now 29. In 2012, he started living in a care home due to a lot of challenging difficulties. A month after he moved, I called DWP and informed them. I also wrote them a letter. However for all the following years nothing changed about his benefits. Until recently when his DLA was stopped. When i called them they asked if hes still at home and i told them he moved and gave them details. I also told them I had informed them but they said they have no record of that. Since then I haven't heard from them and am getting anxious. Any advice and information about what to do next? Thank you all
- 54.1K All Categories
- 10.6K Start here and say hello!
- 5.1K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities
- 156 Community updates
- 12.1K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 797 Work and employment
- 589 Education
- 1.2K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 292 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 266 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.7K Talk about money
- 2.2K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.6K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.6K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4.1K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 688 Chronic pain and pain management
- 707 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 759 Autism and neurodiversity
- 938 Mental health and wellbeing
- 311 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.