Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
PIP appeal support
I like some advice, please. I try to keep it short. My son's girlfriend has applied for pip was rejected due to a bad and incorrect telephone assessment, at the assessment my son who is also her carer, was present and witnessed the call but did not speak for her, as she was told he was not allowed, the assessor did not record her statements correctly and miss reported her medical conditions and difficulties.my son witnessed these blatant lies, they did a mandatory reconsideration but it was not successful. she now intends to appeal.
They live near Swansea, I have used a solicitor for one of my appeals many years ago using legal aid but that firm closed last year as they could not recruit solicitors and get more funding sadly.
I know got 2 questions, please.
Does anybody know a firm of solicitors/advice centre who can help at least prepare an appeal?
Can my son be a witness to the fact that the assessor lied, as the DWP already admitted he was present and listening at the assessment?
Any other help would be appreciated and it would be nice to give some hope as she is currently in hospital recovering from a tumour operation
- 52.9K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 148 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 756 Work and employment
- 575 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 277 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 263 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 674 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 928 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.