PIP appeal — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP appeal

truth
truth Community member Posts: 9 Connected
edited August 2020 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi everyone. I’m new here. 

I have just heard back from the Tribunal hearing & the DWP regarding my PIP appeal. The tribunal has asked me to send them any medical evidence I have in support of my appeal. I’m quite confused as I have already submitted these at the time of submitting my PIP application. 

Can you please let me know if I need to send them all again to the Tribunals?

Thank you

Comments

• Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @truth and welcome to our online community here at Scope.

I've moved this post over to our PIP and DLA discussion board so people can see your question easier.  Good luck with the tribunal outcome.  Please let us know how you get on :)
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,355 Disability Gamechanger
    edited August 2020
    HI and welcome,

DWP will send everything that you have sent to support your claim and this will be in a "bundle" you will then receive this bundle, which will contain your claim pack, assessment report, anything you sent to support your claim and DWPs response.  HMCTS maybe asking for more evidence? Sometimes they ask for medical evidence between specific dates.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • truth
    Hi @truth and welcome to our online community here at Scope.

I've moved this post over to our PIP and DLA discussion board so people can see your question easier.  Good luck with the tribunal outcome.  Please let us know how you get on :)
    Hi. Thank you for your help. I will let you know 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @truth, great to have you with us and best of luck with the tribunal :)
    Scope

• truth
    HI and welcome,

DWP will send everything that you have sent to support your claim and this will be in a "bundle" you will then receive this bundle, which will contain your claim pack, assessment report, anything you sent to support your claim and DWPs response.  HMCTS maybe asking for more evidence? Sometimes they ask for medical evidence between specific dates.
    Hi. Thank you for your reply. Yes the DWP pack sent to me contains their respond to the appeal as well as my PIP application & supporting evidence and I thought as you said, that they send all of this to the HMCTS too. Then I received this text message “ If you have any evidence to support your PIP appeal, you should send it to the tribunal as soon as possible. This is so there's time to review it before your hearing.
    Ignore this reminder if you've already sent in all your evidence or you don't have any.” As well as their letter mentioning that I should send any medical evidence I have (they don’t mention “new evidence”) so I got confused and now I’m not sure what to do. Also, do you know how long the current wait is for hearings to take place from the day you receive these letters that I have, and are they face to face? Thanks
  • truth
    Welcome to the community @truth, great to have you with us and best of luck with the tribunal :)
    Hi. Thank you very much. It is such a nice change to see such welcoming, helpful people exist :) 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,355 Disability Gamechanger
    Ah ok, it's just a text telling you that if you have more evidence then it needs to be sent ASAP to HMCTS.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @truth and welcome to the community, dont panic this is just a normal text/letter to advise you to send in any additional info that isnt in your bundle that you want to be submitted

Waiting times dont seem to be as long at present this could be due to the fact they are being done over the phone if possible. It all depends on the backlog in your area so its not easy to predict .

• truth
    Ah ok, it's just a text telling you that if you have more evidence then it needs to be sent ASAP to HMCTS.
    I see. Thank you for your help
  • truth
    janer1967 said:
    Hi @truth and welcome to the community, dont panic this is just a normal text/letter to advise you to send in any additional info that isnt in your bundle that you want to be submitted

Waiting times dont seem to be as long at present this could be due to the fact they are being done over the phone if possible. It all depends on the backlog in your area so its not easy to predict .

Thank you. Do you know if they are video or voice calls
  • janer1967
    Just voice calls be aware tho this may change back to in person hearings in future 
  • truth
    I see. How long in advance do they inform you of the date & time with these phone calls? 
  • janer1967
    You usually get plenty of notice unless when you filled in the form you said you would accept short notice hearing 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.