No career — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

No career

Options
florty2003
florty2003 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited August 2020 in Work and employment
I got no career on a regular basis because I refused the career the firm can’t guarantee me anyone lose so I can’t have care the social services knows about it and that’s the situation what can I do please help me

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,018 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    HI and welcome,

Do you mean you have no carer? or do you mean you have no career? sorry but i'm a little confused by your question.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • atlas47
    atlas47 Community member Posts: 238 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @florty2003

Be most interested in your response to @poppy123456 question.

Are you a care giver or care worker?

We are only trying to help, whatever your situation.

Stay kind and be safe.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @florty2003 Welcome to the community, I presume with you mentioning social services you are saying you have no carer at the moment as you refused the one they sent

Can you speak to another care agency to try and get something sorted or maybe your GP
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @florty2003

How are you doing today and what did you think of the suggestions made?

If it is that you don't have a carer, are you coping okay?  It must be difficult without one so please reach out and let us know how you are managing.
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • florty2003
    Options
    Haven’t seen anything sorry
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @florty2003

No worries, it can be difficult to get around the community to start with.  If you read this message and scroll up the screen before it you should be able to see what other people have said to you.
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,018 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Haven’t seen anything sorry

I did try to help you but your question was confusing because it wasn't clear whether you were asking about a carer or a career, as you didn't answer the question then i haven't replied further.

If you're asking about a carer that usually helps you then have you spoke to another care agency? Who usually arranges your care? is it a care agency or do you employ them yourself?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @florty2003! I just wanted to check in to see whether you'd had any luck working out how to navigate your way around the site, and see the responses that our other members have commented? 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • florty2003
    Options
    I did not get on with my carer and refused her in my home tried local mp nothing tried weld assembly minister she sent reply on maternity leave but as for my problems fair play to Plaid Cymru
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I'm sorry to hear you didn't get along with your carer @florty2003 . Who arranges your care? 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community @florty2003! I'm sorry you haven't had a good experience with your carer. Is there anything we can do to help? :)
    Scope

• Neil1982
    Neil1982 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    if things are getting too much and you don't get on with the carer I would ask to speak to one of the senior members of staff to see what conflict resolution they can offer.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Thank you for this @Neil1982 and welcome to the community! 
    Scope

• Neil1982
    Neil1982 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Thank you @Chloe_Scope. That is very kind of you :) 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.