PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

we lost PIP just now because of full time job!

mintiminti Member Posts: 16 Listener
edited August 2020 in PIP, DLA and AA
we lost PIP just now because of full time job!

Replies

• poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    edited August 2020
    Hi,

People do claim PIP and work but if the work you do contradicts the reasons why you're claiming PIP then yes it can go against you. You have 1 month from the date of the decision to request the statement of reasons and record of proceedings. Once these are received you'll need to find someone to take a look to see if they can find the error in law.

Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
  • mikehughescqmikehughescq Member Posts: 5,986 Disability Gamechanger
    You have this running on 2 threads. I have responded on the other. 
  • mintiminti Member Posts: 16 Listener
    Thank you.My daughter was so stressed,she  doesn't want to talk about appeals even with me.It was humiliating experience.I hate all this people who took part in her tribunal.
  • ChloeHibbertChloeHibbert Member Posts: 47 Listener
    If it goes against the points your getting then that’s correct. I work 45 per week ! and still get it. just to add your under no legal obligation to inform the DWP PIP your even working. the lady on the phone said you don’t even have to declare your working. DWP no I am working and it doesn’t affect me at all. 
  • Welliboots93Welliboots93 Member Posts: 25 Connected
    Hi! Sorry about this!

I had my pip assessment the other day, and the woman asked if I work and I said I work 4hours a week but she needs to know that just because I work doesn't mean I'm physically capable just means I need the money. She then mentioned that DWP don't really take working hours into consideration unless its 24 hours and over! She wasn't the most friendliest of assessors and told me that 4 hours a week isn't really working!

Hope it gets sorted x
  • mikehughescqmikehughescq Member Posts: 5,986 Disability Gamechanger
    If it goes against the points your getting then that’s correct. I work 45 per week ! and still get it. just to add your under no legal obligation to inform the DWP PIP your even working. the lady on the phone said you don’t even have to declare your working. DWP no I am working and it doesn’t affect me at all. 
    Hi! Sorry about this!

I had my pip assessment the other day, and the woman asked if I work and I said I work 4hours a week but she needs to know that just because I work doesn't mean I'm physically capable just means I need the money. She then mentioned that DWP don't really take working hours into consideration unless its 24 hours and over! She wasn't the most friendliest of assessors and told me that 4 hours a week isn't really working!

Hope it gets sorted x
    Let’s take both of these at once. For PIP|:

No, you don’t need to declare that you are working for PIP but once you are working the tasks you do in work could suggest you no longer score certain points. 

24 hours has nothing to do with PIP at all. This thread is about PIP.
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    edited August 2020

Didn't i read in another thread that you work part time?
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
  • ChloeHibbertChloeHibbert Member Posts: 47 Listener
    @poppy123456 “did” now I’m full time. 👌
Sign in or join us to comment.