we lost PIP just now because of full time job! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

we lost PIP just now because of full time job!

Options
minti
minti Community member Posts: 16 Listener
edited August 2020 in PIP, DLA, and AA
we lost PIP just now because of full time job!

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,030 Disability Gamechanger
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Hi,

People do claim PIP and work but if the work you do contradicts the reasons why you're claiming PIP then yes it can go against you. You have 1 month from the date of the decision to request the statement of reasons and record of proceedings. Once these are received you'll need to find someone to take a look to see if they can find the error in law.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • minti
    minti Community member Posts: 16 Listener
    Options
    Thank you.My daughter was so stressed,she  doesn't want to talk about appeals even with me.It was humiliating experience.I hate all this people who took part in her tribunal.
  • ChloeHibbert
    ChloeHibbert Community member Posts: 47 Listener
    Options
    If it goes against the points your getting then that’s correct. I work 45 per week ! and still get it. just to add your under no legal obligation to inform the DWP PIP your even working. the lady on the phone said you don’t even have to declare your working. DWP no I am working and it doesn’t affect me at all. 
  • Welliboots93
    Welliboots93 Community member Posts: 32 Courageous
    Options
    Hi! Sorry about this!

I had my pip assessment the other day, and the woman asked if I work and I said I work 4hours a week but she needs to know that just because I work doesn't mean I'm physically capable just means I need the money. She then mentioned that DWP don't really take working hours into consideration unless its 24 hours and over! She wasn't the most friendliest of assessors and told me that 4 hours a week isn't really working!

Hope it gets sorted x
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,030 Disability Gamechanger
    edited August 2020
    Options
    If it goes against the points your getting then that’s correct. I work 45 per week ! and still get it. just to add your under no legal obligation to inform the DWP PIP your even working. the lady on the phone said you don’t even have to declare your working. DWP no I am working and it doesn’t affect me at all. 

Didn't i read in another thread that you work part time?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • ChloeHibbert
    ChloeHibbert Community member Posts: 47 Listener
    Options
    @poppy123456 “did” now I’m full time. ?

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.