The Gut-brain axis. Coeliac disease, diabetes, dementia, depression, Parkinson's, ADHD, ASD + more. — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

The Gut-brain axis. Coeliac disease, diabetes, dementia, depression, Parkinson's, ADHD, ASD + more.

Options
chiarieds
chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
With acknowledgement to the American Syringomelia & Chiari Alliance Project, & their recent virtual conference, which I attended. I hope this presentation is of general interest to many with diverse disorders. Please see: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=100&v=h29VidZIkn8&feature=emb_logo

Comments

• Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @chiarieds
    You are a fountain of useful knowledge and resources!  I once read the book 'Gut' by Guilia Enders and it briefly covered the gut/brain connection.  Our understanding of this is still in its infancy and its fascinating to learn about.  Thank you for the link.  
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • chiarieds
    Options
    Your most welcome @Cher_Scope - the virtual conference was amazing.....the only good thing about Covid-19, as I certainly couldn't have 'attended' this USA conference otherwise. These Drs want to spread what they are still learning about Chiari 1 Malformation & Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome for example, which is why they put these videos on YouTube after the conference. I thought several would be of interest to the online community. :)
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Really interesting @chiarieds! Thank you for sharing. :)
    Scope

• chiarieds
    Options

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.