Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Advice about Mandatory Reconsideration
Hello all, I submitted a question here the other day and got some wonderful advice! But I had a few more questions, I received my decision letter and it was even worse than the assessors report to the point myself and my mam thought they mixed me up with someone else. I called DWP to file for a mandatory reconsideration and mentioned that there was a number of inaccuracies with the report and they noted it on the system and said I should bring that up in the notice. I said that I heard doing so isn't desirable and I was told to put everything in including what they got wrong. I was just wondering is this correct or did I receive some wrongful advice? Also when i'm writing the reconsideration, is there a specific format I should be following?
- 53.1K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 149 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 762 Work and employment
- 579 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 278 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 264 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.3K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.5K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 676 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 929 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.