Appeal Decision — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Appeal Decision

kittyt2
kittyt2 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
Hello everyone. Just thought I would post a update for my mothers PIP Appeal. We had her appeal on the 11th August, and were waiting for the decision. She's just had a phone call from the courts. The letter with the decision was sent back to them (we think it was accidentally sent to the wrong address). But she asked them the result - and although she wasn't awarded mobility she has been awarded points for her daily living!

She cannot remember if they said 11 or 12 points, but I've told her to just think its standard, and if its anymore its a bonus. All being back paid from Nov 2019!

I haven't seen her this happy in months. 

The advice on this site is what helped, along with CAB. 

It's been a long journey but to see her this happy is worth every stress. 

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Great news @kittyt2 and thanks for sharing , even though you dont know the exact award as you said it is something and you shouldnt have to wait long for thr amended letter
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    edited August 2020
    Thanks for the update @kittyt2, hopefully the report arrives soon. I'm glad your mother is happy that she seems to have been awarded at least standard :) 

Seeing loved ones happy is the ultimate goal and I'm glad that this community was able to help you in this situation. 

Be sure to stick around here, it would be good to see you getting involved on the community :) 

Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.