Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Hi, my name is robinson2012!
Hi my name is sue and I am looking for some advice. My Job is a cook working in a care home but at the end of April this year I was put on sick due to osteoarthritis in my hands and wrists plus suspected carpal tunnel, I have received a letter from the hospital saying that I am now on waiting list to see neurology consultant, this was made on the 12/06/20. Then the covid19 started so this has held up any hospital appointment, I was advised by the hospital that it could take up to 26wks. Due to personal circumstances I am relocating so have given in my notice. Not knowing if my hands will improve as the longer I'm waiting they are getting worse and much weaker. Is there any help I can get as sick pay is very minimal and I really don't know what my future will be.
- 53.1K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 149 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 764 Work and employment
- 579 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 278 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 264 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.3K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.5K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 676 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 929 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.