Hi, my name is UGB20! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is UGB20!

UGB20
UGB20 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited August 2020 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hello to everyone. Please I need your help for a PIP decision. I had an open heart surgery in 2016, another heart attack in 2019 and had heart attack in January 2020. I suffer from high blood pressure, short breath and incontinence due to kidney stones. I take daily medication for life. I submitted all evidences but the report the agent sent to DWP is all opposite to what I said during phone assessment. They refused to grant me PIP. How do I start to appeal please. I am devastated, I started asking myself whether PIP is really for living people with disability? What is the next step please?

Comments

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello and welcome to the community @UGB20! I'm glad you've found us :)

So that our members will find it easier to see and answer your post, I've moved it into the PIP category. You can also read a bit about how to appeal a PIP decision on this page on the Scope website to get you started.
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @UGB20 Welcome to the community glad you have joined us and sorry to heart about your PIP claim

The next stage is to submit a MR (mandatory reconsideration). Do this in writing within 1 month

You should go through the report and for each descriptor you think you should have scored points for give a reason  why you should have scored giving real examples of what happens when you try to do the task, can you do it, if not why not, do you need any aids or help, can you dio it safely and repeat the task. What happened when you last tried to do the task

Also provide any further evidence eg daily diary or letter from someone who knows you and how your condition affects you

Remember as well PIP isnt about a diagnosis or medication you take but about how the condition affects your daily living

Good luck and keep us updated
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @UGB20

I'm so sorry the initial result didn't go your way.  I understand how devastating that is.  If you feel comfortable doing so, I really advise you taking it to a mandatory reconsideration as @janer1967 suggested.  

Our members are a real wealth of knowledge about PIP so we will support you throughout this all we can.  Good luck.
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.