PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Upper Tribunal Experience

SavscarletSavscarlet Member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi there, 
Who’s case has ever been taken to upper tribunal? How does the process work and are they usually successful, I’m in the process of my case being taken to upper tribunal because I found so many errors?

Replies

• Cher_ScopeCher_Scope Community Team Posts: 2,452 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @savsscarlet

The Scope website has information about further appeal to the upper tribunal that I hope might be of help.  At the bottom of that webpage there is also a link to related discussion on our community.  

As an aside, I'd be interested to know if others have ever taken their case to the upper tribunal too.  If you have, or know anyone who has, please let us know how you got on.

Good luck with your case!
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the community? Talk to our chatbot and let us know. 
  • chiariedschiarieds Community champion Posts: 6,312 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Savscarlet - & welcome to the community. I'm sorry I don't have an answer to your query, but would like to ask have you found errors in the law as relates to your case?
  • mikehughescqmikehughescq Member Posts: 4,983 Disability Gamechanger
    @Cher_Scope you maybe need to check the accuracy of your links. There are 5 errors of law. They do not include and never have included “The tribunal gave an unfavourable decision after a physical examination.” as cited in that link. I’m happy to go on record and say that is 100% inaccurate.

The 5 are not difficult to find as it’s near impossible fur a tribunal to avoid making a decision without an error but you need to know what you’re looking for in the first place. The process of his you appeal to UT can be found on lots of sites so I won’t bother repeating that here. As regards the success rate there is nothing meaningful to be said. If an error of law can be found you will win. If not then you will not. However a “win” can be one of several types. The UT can for example decide that there was an error of law but that it made no difference to the outcome of the FTT and therefore the original decision stands. You have won but you have won nothing. 
  • Cher_ScopeCher_Scope Community Team Posts: 2,452 Disability Gamechanger
    @mikehughescq Ah, thank you for making me aware of that Mike, I'll pass the feedback on and get the information looked at by the Scope team.  
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the community? Talk to our chatbot and let us know. 
  • janer1967janer1967 Community champion Posts: 6,227 Disability Gamechanger
    I would also be interested in hearing more from people that have been to upper tribunal just for my own curiosity
  • nandananda Member Posts: 4 Listener
    I have been waiting for nearly a year and DWP stop my payment until the case is over 
  • janer1967janer1967 Community champion Posts: 6,227 Disability Gamechanger
    @nanda sorry to hear that but if you have no award then your money will have stopped 

If you are successful at tribunal it will be bsckpaid to when it stopped 
  • Chloe_ScopeChloe_Scope Scope Posts: 10,680 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Savscarlet, just wanted to check in to see how you are doing. :)
    Community Partner
    Scope

Tell us what you think?
    Complete our feedback form to help us to improve your community.
Sign in or join us to comment.