Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
A round of applause for our Caeden’s Ben Nevis triumph
You might have spotted one of our community members in the news during the last week or so.
Our very own @caedenthomson2020 has walked up Ben Nevis, the highest mountain in the British Isles, in a bid to raise money for Scope. That is a whopping 1,345 metres above sea level!
This is an incredible achievement for Caeden, aged 7 years old, who has cerebral palsy and was born 12 weeks premature. His mum Lisa told the BBC news how Caeden had defied doctors' expectations that he would never walk, talk or sit:
Caeden’s fundraising total stands at an impressive £21,000 and the whole team at Scope are very proud of his amazing efforts. Thank you @caedenthomson2020 , you are a star.
For more information on Caeden’s Ben Nevis walk or to donate, visit Caeden’s Justgiving page.
Want to tell us about your experience on the online community? Talk to our chatbot and let us know.
- All Categories
- 12.8K Start here and say hello!
- 6.5K Coffee lounge
- 33 Games room
- 422 Cost of living
- 4.4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.9K Research and opportunities
- 209 Community updates
- 9.1K Talk about your situation
- 2.1K Children, parents, and families
- 1.5K Work and employment
- 784 Education
- 1.6K Housing and independent living
- 1.4K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 609 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 370 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 756 Transport and travel
- 30.3K Talk about money
- 4.2K Benefits and financial support
- 5.1K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 16.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 4.6K Universal Credit (UC)
- 6.2K Talk about your impairment
- 1.8K Cerebral palsy
- 854 Chronic pain and pain management
- 156 Physical and neurological impairments
- 1.1K Autism and neurodiversity
- 1.2K Mental health and wellbeing
- 322 Sensory impairments
- 815 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions