pip review so worried — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

pip review so worried

madmaria69
madmaria69 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited September 2020 in PIP, DLA, and AA
hi 
I am a newbie on here so hello everyone and thankyou in advance. I just had to write on here because I have no one to talk to about this that understands. I recently got my pip review form through the post. And immediately started shaking I suffer terribly with anxiety and depression and complex personality disorders. I also have fibromyalgia. Spinal stenosis. Adhd. And COPD. 
I have filled the form in as quickly as I could i just wanted it posted and away from my sight. I couldn't have slept if I hadn't posted it. So I filled the first page in about my medication etc and then wrote no change on everything which is true. I just thought that you only had those parts in if there had been any change. So I only filled in one part  about moving around because of the copd I now get breathless and cant walk as far so I completed that part. I also wrote that I was waiting for a shower stool were it asked about aids and adaptions. I filled in the last part igmf the form and started rambling about how I  didnt want my life to be like this. And that I was trying to stay positive and I knew that there were other people far worse than me. I put my prescription list in there from the drs and posted it the same day. I am now worried  because I keep reading that i shouldn't have just put no change. But I dont understand why not because it actually says if there has been a change so to me that means if there hasn't been a change there is nothibg you can write about. Or is this there way of trying to trip you up so they don't have to pay you. I am just so worried now i feel sick. If we didn't have that money there would be no point in living in fact we wouldn't have enough to live on. I don't know what advice I am looking for if any I suppose i just eant some kind of reassurance that i have done the right thing. Thank you .

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,359 Disability Gamechanger
    HI and welcome,

Just putting no change isn't the most ideal way to fill out any review form and all claims should be treated as a new claim by all claimants. I'm sure you're not the only person to have just put "no change" You could write some more information about how your conditions affect you, with a couple of real world examples and then send it to them but make sure your name and NI number is on everything you send.

Before Covid most people had face to face assessments but now those are still suspended, telephone assessments have replaced them, which most people have. I would advise you to expect the telephone assessment and once an appointment becomes available they will contact you.

All you can do other than that is wait.

Hope this helps.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • davegregson40
    davegregson40 Community member Posts: 83 Pioneering
    Yes, that's good advice. PIP assessments are coming round and I've got mine too and its advisable to get ready with all medical evidence and prescriptions list and anything else relevant
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome to the community @madmaria69

I see Poppy has given you advice on how your review should be completed its a shame you didn't come on here before you sent it off. As suggested you may want to put something together with more detail and send it off

If not all you can do is wait for the next stage and hopefully you can give more detail in your assessment

Good luck and keep us updated

• madmaria69
    madmaria69 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Hi thank you for your kind words and advice. Like i said I was in such a state when I filled it in. I just couldn't wait to get rid of it. The problem for me is it brings back and drags up so many traumatic memories from my past. That made me the way I am today. I think it is disgusting how they treat disabled people. If its not bad enough suffering every day. Then having to prove and justify as to why you should receive pip. It makes me feel sick every time i think about it. All my disabilities are hidden except I have a stick to help me walk. The last time I went to a face to face assessment I got so worked up I had a nose bleed. The thing is I know they make these forms difficult to complete for a reason. Because they don't want people to have any money and if they can save it by confusing vulnerable and disabled people they will. I have never known such an unfair and degrading system in my life. I will keep you updated as to the outcome of my assessment which I am sure will include a good grilling over the telephone. This in itself is going to be difficult as I can not speak properly to someone over the phone as I get worked up and confused. But I am determined to let other people know about my experience so I can help others like me and hopefully give them the heads up on what to expect. Wish me luck I will be a nervous wreck until this is over. Thank you again.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Not all claims go badly mine didnt and the success rate is a lot higher now with the phone assessments 

You will mainly hear bad stories on the forums as peoooe which are successful dont have a reason to seek advice 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,359 Disability Gamechanger
    MOst people claim PIP successfuly without any problems at all, i'm one of them and so is my daughter. I've claimed it since 2013 and my daughter since 2017.

Naturally on an internet forum you'll only ever hear the bed stories, if someone's had a decision they're happy with we don't hear their story. One of the worst things you can do when going through review or a first time claim is to read all the negative stories on the internet.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.