Research Recruitment Flyer - Exploring disabled teachers’ perceptions
Research Recruitment Flyer
Exploring disabled teachers’ perceptions of the
journey to senior leadership study 2018-20
Are you a disabled aspiring or established senior leader in a secondary school in England or Wales?
If so, would you able to spare up to two hours to share your views on your experiences of progression to senior leadership?
Who is the researcher?
Cathy Shail is a doctoral student at the University of Bristol. She is a disabled aspiring senior leader. She has worked in secondary languages teaching for 15 years across south Wales, Bath, south Glos. and Bristol. She is a very experienced middle leader and has also completed a placement year on a senior leadership team.
What is the purpose of the study?
The research aims to explore the experiences of disabled aspiring and existing senior leaders in mainstream secondary schools in England and Wales and their perceptions of their journey to senior leadership.
Why you might want to get involved?
The study offers participants the opportunity to share experiences confidentially and anonymously with a view to developing an improved understanding of the perceptions of disabled aspiring and existing senior leaders as well as the barriers and enhancers to their journey alongside other emerging themes.
Who can be involved?
In order to meet the participant criteria you must be:
- an aspiring or established senior leader,
- disabled (can be an impairment or long-term health condition, disclosing or non-disclosing and registered or not registered),
- a teacher in a mainstream secondary school In England and Wales.
What would participation mean?
The study involves two parts:
· a questionnaire to collect background information (estimated completion time 15 minutes)
· an interview (estimated completion time 60 minutes)
How do you register your interest to take part?
If you would like to find out more or give permission to take part, please contact [email protected]. Many thanks.
- 53.9K All Categories
- 10.6K Start here and say hello!
- 5K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 153 Community updates
- 12.1K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 791 Work and employment
- 588 Education
- 1.2K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 290 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 265 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.6K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.5K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.6K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4.1K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 686 Chronic pain and pain management
- 704 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 759 Autism and neurodiversity
- 937 Mental health and wellbeing
- 311 Sensory impairments