Are you worried about your job in these times of coronavirus? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Are you worried about your job in these times of coronavirus?

Cher_Alumni
Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
Today the news have reported on Scope's research findings that many disabled people are experiencing post-lockdown worry about their jobs.  

Of the 874 disabled adults spoken to, the BBC tell us:

41% felt anxious about going back to work, while almost half are worried about using public transport to get to their workplace.
87% fear others will not respect social distancing rules, putting them at risk.

These worries are just some of the reasons behind Scope's open letter to the government which calls for more attention to be given to the issues disabled people are facing as a result of coronavirus.  

We have noticed that some of our community members have experienced similar worries recently, with comments about a lack of reasonable adjustment made for impairment need and feeling pressured into returning to the workplace.  

Does this sound anything like how you feel?  What, if anything, are you worried about in relation to work and coronavirus?

Let us know in the comments.

Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    A good thread as I expect this will affect many people, will be interesting to see peoples comments
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Thanks for sharing this @Cher_Scope, interesting findings. 
    Scope

• astanley22
    astanley22 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    I’m so worried about my work. I work In a day nursery and my respiratory consultant has delayed my return to work until I get my chest CT scan results. Work have be pushing me to return until I mention they are affecting my mental health. I’ve got a risk assessment meeting at the end of the month but I fear they will tell me I’m no longer fit for my job (even though I know I am) but I feel they want rid of me because I have a lot of health problems. 
  • Geoark
    Geoark Community member Posts: 1,463 Disability Gamechanger
    Not about work, but certainly about others not following the rules. Plus one of the most incompetent governments I have known.

As an individual I stood alone.
    As a member of a group I did things.
    As part of a community I helped to create change!

• Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    @astanley22 Good luck with the meeting, please let us know how you get on and if you need any support.
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.