Waiting for an appeal — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Waiting for an appeal

Options
laurapeach
laurapeach Community member, Scope Member Posts: 114 Pioneering
Hi everyone, hope you're all doing well :)

I submitted my appeal a few weeks ago (I know it'll be a while) so still haven't heard about the DWP's decision.

I recently had a neurology appointment which has confirmed some of the symptoms I have been having and other tests that are going to be done; is it worth sending this off as extra evidence? It's about the symptoms I've been having since I applied back in January, mainly weakness in my right arm and hand which makes some of the activities harder without assistance. I also have my GP notes from the last two years now. Would I send this to the Tribunal Service or to DWP themselves?
Mum of one little girl.

I am AuDHD and I have M.E/CFS and POTS.

Comments

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @laurapeach - any medical info which helps illustrate the functional problems you have performing activities of daily living &/mobilitity should now be sent to HMCTS. Your medical notes from your neurology appointment showing that you have right-sided weakness may corroborate your evidence, but please check through your GP's notes to see if they also do.....if they don't, then it's unlikely they would help.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @laurapeach

Hope you are well and that the advice given answers your query 

Good luck with your appeal let us know how it goes 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.