Is everyone getting a telephone assessment once DWP have read through the PIP renewal forms? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Is everyone getting a telephone assessment once DWP have read through the PIP renewal forms?

Options
lindle
lindle Community member Posts: 14 Connected
Good Afternoon 

Please  can anyone advise me accordingly 
I have sent back my PIP renewal forms and not had a text to say they had been received even though I know they were as I paid for Royal Mail special delivery 
What I would like to know is everyone getting a telephone assessment once DWP have red through the forms 
i am suffering like so many people with anxiety and the process is just so stressful.

Thank you in advance for any advise x 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,266 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    HI,

Sending post to DWP using Royal mail special delivery doens't mean it's arrived with DWP. All it means is that it's been signed for by someone at Royal mail sorting office and is somewhere in the building. It's never useful sending anything this way. All you need is proof of posting from the post office, which is free. Your form won't be classed as arriving until it's been added to the computer, which can take 7-10 working days.

Telephone assessments have replaced face to face assessments and most people have them, even for reviews. Paper based assessments are still very rare.

All you can do is wait, hopefully it won't be too long.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.