PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Receiving too many notifications? Adjust your notification settings.

PIP Extension

davegregson40davegregson40 Member Posts: 74 Pioneering
Dear Members 

Can I please share with the community members that for those currently going through the PIP renewal like me then its very easy to ring up and obtain a 14 day extension period in order to complete the paperwork , which is very commonplace 

Replies

• janer1967janer1967 Community champion Posts: 7,230 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi thanks for sharing it is something we advise members to do if needed 
  • mikehughescqmikehughescq Member Posts: 5,306 Disability Gamechanger
    Worth adding that the 14 day option is the “no questions asked” option i.e. they will offer it regardless. However, there are 2 other aspects to this:

1 - there is no legal limit. For a new claim any time limit is purely administrative. DWP have a habit of shutting claims down if you don’t meet the time limit but there’s no legal basis for them doing so. 

2 - you can ask for as long as you need. My longest so far is 7 weeks. The extension was needed as the claimant could not physically write; all their relatives were either elsewhere in the UK or abroad and their neighbours had a similar range of issues. The first available appointment with a WRO was 5 weeks away so we asked for 7 to allow for the appointment; writing up; decisions on additional evidence and form completion. 
  • woodbinewoodbine Member Posts: 2,857 Disability Gamechanger
    Should also mention that its best to get it posted back around 10 days before the due date as it can take a week for it to be scanned onto the system.
Sign in or join us to comment.